Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spinach, blueberries, and blue cheese in a raspberry vinegar dressing may sound like a strange combination but give it a try.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine first five ingredients and shake well.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, blue cheese, blueberries and pecans.
- Add dressing and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
I made this salad but used Ken's lite raspberry vinagrette for a short cut. Also used gorgonzola instead of blue cheese because I had it on hand. My husband and I both loved this salad. The toasted pecans really make the salad but we love blueberries and this is a great way to use them during season. Only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I didn't make the dressing so I don't know how that changes the taste.
I made this as written, and the dressing just didnt do it for us. The vinegar was too overpowering (sour), even though we really do like raspberry vinegar. I guess for this type of dressing we prefer it a little sweeter. More sugar or honey may have done the trick. My husband added some other sweet dressing to his, I ate mine as is just because it seemed pretty healthy. I won't make the dressing again, but I do like the salad combo. I have a creamy raspberry vinaigrette recipe that I would use with this instead.
Very good salad....I used the blue cheese as directed but I think I would prefer crumbled feta cheese...just a personal preference. Will try this again. Thanks!