Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve warm over ice cream, or a freshly baked cake or pie.
Make and share this Blueberry Spice Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml cinnamon, Ground
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, Ground
- 59.14 ml hot water
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml blueberries
- Rinse and clean blueberries.
- If using frozen dry pack Blueberries, thaw them first.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually stir in water and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add blueberries; cook and stir until mixture comes back to a boil.
- Serve warm over ice cream or cake or frozen pies.
Wonderful sauce! I used this to top the Frozen Lemon Cream Pie.
Really really good! I omitted nutmeg because I hate it, but it made an awesome addition to buttermilk pancakes. THanks!
This IS a 5 star recipe in my book! Loved the flavor the lemon and spices added to the blueberries. Very easy to fix. I used splenda in place of the sugar with very good results and had them over, #226799, cottage cheese pancakes this morning. Great meal for someone watching calories. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe Carla.