Recipe by Linky
Taken from Everything Nordic Cookbook. Blueberries grow wild in my part of the world (northern Wisconsin and the UP) just like they do in Scandinavia. Spelt, a super healthy grain, is found in a lot of Nordic recipes.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Fabulous!! I'm putting these pancakes into my best-of-the-best file. Simple and delicious. I really loved the spelt flour! The blueberries are always a nice addition. Thank you for posting this gem. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9.
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (wild if possible)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- In separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; combine with egg mixture; add blueberries.
- Spray cooking spray on griddle or frying pan; heat over medium heat.
- Drop generous dollops of batter onto the pan. Cook until bubbles form, turn once.
- Serve warm with additional blueberries and powdered sugar.