Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from Everything Nordic Cookbook. Blueberries grow wild in my part of the world (northern Wisconsin and the UP) just like they do in Scandinavia. Spelt, a super healthy grain, is found in a lot of Nordic recipes.
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (wild if possible)
- powdered sugar
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- In separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; combine with egg mixture; add blueberries.
- Spray cooking spray on griddle or frying pan; heat over medium heat.
- Drop generous dollops of batter onto the pan. Cook until bubbles form, turn once.
- Serve warm with additional blueberries and powdered sugar.
Fabulous!! I'm putting these pancakes into my best-of-the-best file. Simple and delicious. I really loved the spelt flour! The blueberries are always a nice addition. Thank you for posting this gem. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9.