Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you are looking for great taste, without much effort, look no further. This is wonderful!
- 6 ounces soft butter
- 6 ounces golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (142 ml) carton sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
For the Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces icing sugar
- Heat oven to 325*F (160*C).
- Butter and line the base of an 8 inch round loose bottomed cake tin.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla in a bowl for 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Beat in 4 TBS sour cream and stir in half the blueberries with a large spoon.
- Tip the cake mixture into the prepared tin and spread level.
- Bake for 50 minutes until risen, firm to the touch and springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from the tin, peel off lining and cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and remaining sour cream in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread over the top of the cooled cake.
- Scatter with the remaining berries.
- The cake will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Bring to room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.