Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this one out of a book about restaurants in Florida - the recipe was courtesy of Timmy's Nook on Captiva Island. It is an easy but elegant dessert when time is short. It takes advantage of convenience items - pre-made graham cracker crust and canned blueberry pie filling. It does have to be chilled for a few hours (which I did not include in the prep and cooking time).
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 3.69 ml almond extract
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (unbaked)
- 595.33 g can blueberry pie filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Top hot pie with blueberry pie filling.
- Chill for several hours.
- When ready to serve top with whipped cream or cool whip.
Talk about a great and easy pie! Surprisingly, it did not seem overly sweet. I would recommend using a good brand of pie filling, such as Comstock. I used the store brand and I think it was a little bland. I made two of these for a picnic that our department had on Sunday and everyone raved over them. Thanks for a delicious pie!