Top Review by Miss Annie
This pie deserves more that 5 stars!! I used frozen blueberries, but only partially thawed them. The filling of this pie is creamy. Sweet, but a wee bit tart. A perfect balance of sweet/tart for the berries to shine. It was rich and delicious. It probably is the best blueberry pie I have ever eaten. It was easy to prepare, and the final product was absolutely beautiful. Something out of a glossy magazine! Thanks, TGirl for sharing this recipe.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 1 egg
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 591.47 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 44.37 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 22.18 ml butter
- 44.37 ml finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and flour together in bowl.
- Beat in sour cream, egg,vanilla and salt together until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
- (May need to adjust temperature and time for frozen berries).
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients.
- Remove pie from oven after the 25 minutes, and sprinkle on topping.
- Return pie to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Chill before serving.