Top Review by Miss Annie
This pie deserves more that 5 stars!! I used frozen blueberries, but only partially thawed them. The filling of this pie is creamy. Sweet, but a wee bit tart. A perfect balance of sweet/tart for the berries to shine. It was rich and delicious. It probably is the best blueberry pie I have ever eaten. It was easy to prepare, and the final product was absolutely beautiful. Something out of a glossy magazine! Thanks, TGirl for sharing this recipe.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and flour together in bowl.
- Beat in sour cream, egg,vanilla and salt together until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
- (May need to adjust temperature and time for frozen berries).
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients.
- Remove pie from oven after the 25 minutes, and sprinkle on topping.
- Return pie to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Chill before serving.