Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy no-fail pie, to make it even easier use a store-bought frozen pie crust, if you are using frozen berries you will need to adjust the baking time slightly, prep time does not include making the pie crust.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups blueberries (use fresh or frozen, do not thaw frozen berries)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- Set oven to 400 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- Fit the prepared pie pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate; flute edges as desired.
- For the topping; in a small bowl combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon together; using fingers blend in the cold butter.
- Mix in the chopped nuts; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour with sugar and salt.
- In another bowl combine the sour cream, egg, almond extract until smooth and well combined, then add to the flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pastry shell.
- Bake pie for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the topping over the pie; return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- *Note* baking time will need to be increased slightly for frozen blueberries.
- Chill pie before serving.