Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pancakes are so good!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Stir flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, sour cream, milk; add to the dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten. Carefully add blueberries, stirring gently to mix.
- Drop batter by the 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle.
- Cook until the surface is covered with bubbles; flip and cook until done.
This was Sunday brunch today. I used fat free sour cream and frozen berries (still frozen), cut the salt in half and used skim milk. They came out perfect. I wonder if the texture difference might be in the cooking heat used? For pancakes I always use the electric griddle set on 350. These were a delight as we had brunch while enjoying the bright Spring sunlight trying to melt more snow.
These pancakes are great. Very soft. I reduced the amount of cinnamon to 1/2 tsp. And I omitted nutmeg. I used fat-free sour cream. Thanks Kittycatmom. Made for 123 hit wonders
These pancakes are AMAZING! I thought they came out perfect in every way. They were fluffy and nice. No problems with the texture at all. I think the key is when she says in the directions to stir until just combined... that's what you should do. If you overmix, the baking soda will not be as powerful. I did use frozen blueberries with no problem at all. Kittycatmom has the best pancake recipes and these are no exception. Just perfect!