My family and I love these muffins. I wanted a blueberry muffin to satisfy my tastebuds so I played around with a couple of different recipes from The Joy of Cooking and created this recipe that combined the flavors I was looking for in a breakfast muffin.
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, start with the eggs and lightly beat, add the "wet" ingredients in the order listed, sour cream, sugar, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice, mixing until well blended 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl sift the flour with the salt, baking soda and baking powder. Once sifted stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture with a spatula, carefull not to over mix the batter. It is OK to have some lumps in the batter and the batter will be thick. Gently fold in the blueberrys so as not to mash them into the batter.
- I like my muffins a little on the large size so I fill the paper baking cups 3/4 of the way full, in regular or jumbo muffin pans.
- For regular muffins bake at 375 for approximately 16 to 18 minutes and for jumbo muffins bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin pan for 2 to 3 mintues then remove to a cooling rake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.