Recipe by VickyJ
This is so moist and full of flavor. The sour cream gives it a rich depth of taste. I found this in a church cookbook that I picked up somewhere a number of years ago. The recipe didn't call for powdered sugar, but I like to sprinkle that on coffeecake.
Top Review by Diva Sarah
This was just okay for me. I followed the recipe exactly. Perhaps it was the nutmeg - so it could just be a personal taste thing. My family seemed to enjoy it and it did bake up nicely.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- powdered sugar (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8x8-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, and nutmeg. Stir well to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg slightly, stir in the sour cream, milk & vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in the liquid.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or room temperature.