Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Comfort food. Great for breakfast, snacking, anytime! I just love the blueberries, and I think the blueberry-type syrup goes good with this so give it a try! :)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, rinsed, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube baking pan and set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar until smooth; add eggs, mixing until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder salt, and cinnamon; add creamed butter/sugar and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla and sour cream until just mixed; gently fold in blueberries (Make sure the blueberries are not wet or damp when you put them in the batter; pat dry with paper toweling if necessary.).
- Pour batter into bundt pan, and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted is removed clean.
- Cool cake before removing from pan.
- To remove, invert over plate, and tap pan.
- Serve on plate garnished with blueberry syrup, if desired.
Heavenly delicious. The sour cream is what gives this cake its great flavor. I made mine with margerine but next time I will try butter . This cake was so good it lasted one day. Everyone loved it.
Thanks for this yummy recipe! It was so quick and easy and tasted like a lot of work went into it! Something I will make over and over again.
My rating is lower than usual. Have made very similar coffee cakes to this and they only use 1 c. sour cream - hence the reason some reviewers have had problems. Also, with sour cream there is usually a small amount of baking soda as well. I question these ingredients even tho some seem to have had success. I do a lot of baking and have also done catering so I am not a novice.