Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Another winner from Southern Living! This coffeecake is great for breakfast and brunch and is easy to make.
Top Review by Elmotoo
I'm not sure what went wrong. The cake was very dense like cheesecake almost. The topping was delicious. It didn't taste bad, just the texture of the coffeecake was not right. My dd ate the whole thing, regardless. :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add 1/2 c sugar and beat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and next 3 ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine blueberries, chopped pecans, sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 10 more minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over cake.