1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
"Delightfully buttery and speckled with juicy blueberries, this beautiful bundt cake is enhanced by a flavorful basil-blueberry sauce and a dollop of whipped cream. For a spin on this cake, substitute fresh, diced peaches or apricots for blueberries. Try orange zest instead of lemon zest." From marketofchoice.com. Recipe was cut in half, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream (I tested using Nancy's whole milk yogurt because I didn't know I was out of sour cream!)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (read *Note)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest*
- 1 tablespoon jam (I used strawberry jam-that's all I had.)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 -10 fresh basil sprigs (*fresh* ONLY!)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Cake: Brush a 10" bundt pan with melted butter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl. In a stand-mixer bowl (or regular bowl and hand-held mixer), add sugar, softened butter and lemon zest. With paddle attachment, cream butter on high speed until very light, approximately 6 min, scraping paddle and sides of bowl often.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix. Add approximately 1/3 dry ingredients and half of sour cream. Mix and repeat until all are added. Do not over mix.
- 5Fold in blueberries by hand then gently spoon into pan.
- 6Bake 75 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 min, invert onto a platter.
- 8Blueberry-Basil Sauce: In a pot, combine all ingredients, simmer 10 minutes.
- 9Remove basil sprigs, blend sauce with a hand blender or processor, strain (I used the back of a spoon to help pass the berries through the strainer); cool to room temperature and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Sour Cream Cake With Basil-Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.3
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 217.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: