Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
This is a recipe from my mom, more of a coffee cake, really. I remember enjoying it in the summer with blueberries we picked ourselves. Now when I make it, I remember my mom & those small kid days. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
Top Review by -Tracy-
I made this recipes exactly as written with no changes or substitutions and it is a moist, light everyday sort of cake. It is really nice with coffee or tea and is the sort of cake you would feel comfortable packing in a school lunchbox. My daughter said it was like a muffin cake, and it does have a muffiny texture and flavor. I found that the texture and flavor were both even better the next day, so this would be a good choice if you want to prepare something the day before. I wouldn't make this cake to serve at a dinner party... but it is perfect for breakfast and afternoon snacking. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter& sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add gradually to egg mixture, alternating with sour cream, ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla, then fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased& floured 9 by 13" pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to rack for final cooling.
- (Or just leave in pan.).