This is a recipe from my mom, more of a coffee cake, really. I remember enjoying it in the summer with blueberries we picked ourselves. Now when I make it, I remember my mom & those small kid days. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
- Cream butter& sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add gradually to egg mixture, alternating with sour cream, ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla, then fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased& floured 9 by 13" pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to rack for final cooling.
- (Or just leave in pan.).
This is one of my favourite teacakes. I baked it and gave it away as New Years gift. Everyone raved about it. Due to the extra sour cream I have added in, the cake stays moist for 3-4 days in room temperature. This cake look presentable in this cake liner , and it save my time from lining the cake tin.
The only change I made was baking the cake in 4 mini loaf pans - a whole 9x13 cake would have gone to waste. The texture is very light. And not too sweet. A great recipe!
Very nice. I used margarine and non-dairy sour cream (Tofutti's Sour Supreme) to make this a pareve cake I could serve with a meat meal (for kosher reasons). It survived the switch beautifully! Not too sweet, fruity enough for dh - only 1 piece left over from a big cake - thanks!