Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I love blueberry season. This is a delicious cake to use fresh blueberries in.
Top Review by Claire de Luna
I spent the morning picking blueberries, and this was a great way to use them. I decided to layer the cake with the blueberries in the middle and mixed the berries with a tablespoon of flour so they wouldn't sink. I put the top layer of cake batter on by dropping large spoonfuls over the blueberries, and smoothed it with an offset spatula. The cake looked beautiful with the ribbon of blue running through it. Moist and not too sweet, this is a five star "Please, make that again!"
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla; stir to combine.
- Add in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream; stirring to combine after each addition.
- Fold in 1 cup blueberries.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of blueberries evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar.
- Pour remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.