Recipe by wife2abadge
Really tasty -- we ate it for breakfast. I made the mistake of using frozen blueberries and the topping took too long to get done -- the cake was almost burned. Use fresh. I used plain lowfat yogurt in place of the sour cream.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla, and the egg.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Pat evenly into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the batter.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, and remaining 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Pour over blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until lightly browned around the edges and set.