1/1 Photo of Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
My mother has been giving me all her old written recipes, she is off all treatments, and I guess she is handing me down her legacy. She used to be an awesome baker and sure hope she wrote this recipe down correctly, cause it was one of my favorites! I hope someone will try it and let me know how it comes out, or how it can be improved upon...or if the steps are even correct (!), I am SO not a baker! Some of the instructions do not make a whole lotta sense to me, because I do not bake, but maybe some of you can come up with something and make this work!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Generously grease a 9x13x2 pan.
- 3Cream butter and sugar.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Sift dry ingredients together and gradually add egg mixture, alternating with sour cream and ending with flour mixture (this is the part I'm not understanding).
- 6Stir in 1 cup blueberries, and add vanilla. Pour 1/2 of the batter in the pan and top with remaining cup of blueberries, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 7Top off with remaining batter and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 8Cool in pan (on a rack) for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Sour Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 163.2 mg
- Sodium 529.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 56.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g