Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Anna-Maija’s and Juha Tanttu’s book, Food from Finland. This might even be good with some whipped cream!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Very unusual but rather addictive. This was prepared just as written and I had a bowl when it reached room temperature. Whipped cream probably would be good on this sweet soup but I had it plain. Tomorrow I'll try it cold :). Made for ZWT6.
- 1 liter water
- 1⁄2 liter blueberries
- 150 ml sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, blueberries, and sugar in saucepan. Cook and stir for about five minutes.
- Dissolve the potato flour in 50 mls of water. Remove the boiling blueberry mixture from heat. Thoroughly stir the potato flour liquid into the blueberry mixture.
- Return saucepan to stove and bring to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as the first bubbles appear.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cool.
- Serve cold with sweet rusks or cookies.