Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A refreshing summer soup!! Must do ahead.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 cups cold water
- grated lemon rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Wash and remove stems from blueberries.
- Place in pot with 4 cups cold water, lemon rind, cinnamon stick, allspice, sugar and salt.
- Cook until berries burst and begin to soften.
- Make a thick paste of cornstarch and some cold water. Add to mixture, cooking until it thickens slightly. Allow to cool.
- Before serving, put six tablespoons sour cream in blender with some of liquid from soup and some of the berries. Blend until frothy. Divide into serving bowls and add soup. Stir so that the sour cream mixture will blend with soup. Refrigerate.