Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 mins
I love fruit sorbets. This one turned out very well and was not that hard to make.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (thawed, if frozen) or 2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together the blueberries, sugar, and water; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to the container of a blender or food processor; puree until smooth; return mixture to pan.
- Add in creme de cassis, lemon juice, and ginger ale; stir to mix well.
- Freeze in an electric ice cream maker by following the manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer mixture to another container and place in the freezer for several hours.
- Take out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
This is just lovely. Easy to make. It has the most wonderful colour and it is so very refreshing on a hot day. The ginger ale gives it a light taste. Wonderful.