Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
"For a fuller blueberry flavor, substitute blueberry yogurt for the vanilla version.
Make and share this Blueberry Smoothies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple-orange juice, chilled
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, chilled, OR
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, slightly thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a blender, combine yogurt and fruit juice; add blueberries and sugar. Cover and blend until nearly smooth.
I used this recipe as a starting point as I learned to make smoothies. It really tastes good, and it's an easy base to experiment from. It works with strawberries, bananas, raspberries too. I only make one serving at a time, because Youngest Son likes a 2:1 ratio juice to yogurt, and I like a 2:1 ratio yogurt to juice.
What a great way to eat blueberries! I added a little more vanilla yogurt to mine and used frozen blueberries. I still couldn't get a couple of my kids to drink it - but the ones who like blueberries loved it. I will definately make it again. Thanks Courtly for a quick and easy drink.