Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I enlisted my friend Gary to cover the drink department for our 4th of July party, since he has a knack for perfectly matching cocktails to party themes. This went over very well, similiar to a mint julep but not as boozy. Recipe is from starchefs.com
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Bacardi Limon
- 2 ounces fresh mint syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh wild blueberries
- 1⁄4 ounce lime juice
- chopped ice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of fresh mint
- 1 cup water
- To make syrup, combine the mint, sugar & fresh mint in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat & let cool before using.
- To make cocktail, take an old fashioned style glass & add blueberries and 1 ounce of the mint syrup.
- Muddle (smash) the blueberries against the bottom of the glass until crushed.
- Add ice, Limon Rum, and lime juice.
- Stir well.
- Top off with the other 1 ounce of the syrup to taste.