Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe chat board.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 ounces evaporated milk, chilled
- Combine all ingredients except evaporated milk in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the liquid is fairly thick.
- Puree in a blender, then pour the blended liquid through a strainer.
- Add evaporated milk. Chill. Then follow your ice cream maker's instructions for freezing.
- I have put this in a shallow tray, freeze it until it isn't quite solid, then beat it in a chilled bowl and beaters, return it to the tray, cover with plastic or foil, and freeze.
- It can be hard to scoop, though, so the ice cream freezer works best.