Recipe by Carol Bullock
Delicious hot out of the oven. Slather with margarine and sprinkle with sugar.
Top Review by ashley.licht
If I walked into a coffee shop and purchased one of these, I would be impressed that it was vegan. My only complaint is that mine spread out significantly while cooking and the center was a little doughy. My alterations were using stone ground flour and 1/3 c vegan sour cream + 1/3 c vegan cream cheese. I also made a vegan lemon glaze that complemented the scones quite nicely. Thank you so much for such a delicious breakfast!
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- Ener-G Egg Substitute, prepared with water to equal 2 eggs (or any 2 egg subs of your choice)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 container vegan sour cream (approx. 2/3 c., Tofutti brand is good)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In mixer, blend sugar and margarine.
- Add egg substitutes and mix until lumpy.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Then add sour cream and mix just until combined.
- Add berries by hand.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, or shape by dropping big globs onto lightly floured surface and using a knife or spatula to cut into thick triangles.
- Transfer to greased baking sheet and cook 10-20 minutes (depending on size), or until golden brown.