Recipe by Wendelina
These are delicious, flavorful scones that aren't dry. You can use Craisins in place of the blueberries as well. I make one of each on Christmas morning.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in blueberries, white chocolate chips and 1 tsp orange peel.
- Add yogurt and buttermilk and stir just until moistened.
- Shape dough into a ball and place on a cookie sheet. Roll or pat into an 8" circle and cut into wedges, but do not separate.
- Brush top with 1/2 Tbs buttermilk. Combine sugar and orange peel and sprinkle over dough.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool 5 min and cut into wedges and serve warm.