Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe from a estate sale.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Stir together 2 teaspoons flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; lightly toss with blueberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, 2 knives or a food processor, cut in shortening until mixture resembles the size of small peas.
- In measuring cup, beat 2 eggs with a fork. Add enough cream to make 2/3 cup liquid.
- Lightly stir egg mixture and blueberries into flour mixture. Handle dough as little as possible.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and divide into 2 parts. Pat each part into a circle about 6 inches across and 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 6 wedges with a knife. With metal spatula, place wedges on a greased baking sheet and brush scones with milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.