Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve with honey butter!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add blueberries and toss to mix.
- In separate bowl beat together cream and egg, and slowly pour into dry ingredients, stirring with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead just until it comes together, 3 or 4 times. Don't overhandle.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Serve warm!
Bloody good and will this get me invited over for tea with cucumber sandwiches (crusts off)?
These were great! I was afraid of handling them too much and making them tough, but they turned out just fine. Honey butter is definitely the way to go!