1/3 Photos of Blueberry Scones
1 hr 17 mins
Mimi Hiller's Note:
These make the lightest, fluffiest scones you've ever had...I guarantee it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling tops
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces (3/4 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing tops
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Adjust rack to center of oven, and heat to 400 degrees.
- 2Place a Silpat baking mat on a baking sheet, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of small peas.
- 3Stir in blueberries and zest. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup.
- 4Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in cream mixture. Stir lightly with fork just until dough comes together.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times to mix well.
- 6Pat dough into a 6-inch square about 1 1/4 inches thick.
- 7Using a floured knife, cut into four 3-inch squares.
- 8Cut squares in half on the diagonal to form eight triangles.
- 9Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- 10Bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes.
- 11Transfer scones from baking sheet to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g