These make the lightest, fluffiest scones you've ever had...I guarantee it!
Make and share this Blueberry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling tops
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces (3/4 stick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing tops
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Adjust rack to center of oven, and heat to 400 degrees.
- Place a Silpat baking mat on a baking sheet, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of small peas.
- Stir in blueberries and zest. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in cream mixture. Stir lightly with fork just until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times to mix well.
- Pat dough into a 6-inch square about 1 1/4 inches thick.
- Using a floured knife, cut into four 3-inch squares.
- Cut squares in half on the diagonal to form eight triangles.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Transfer scones from baking sheet to wire racks to cool.