Recipe by karen in tbay
Found this recipe on a bed and breakfast web site and also in Taste of Home Aug 1997 Garden Fresh Recipes. Would work with any sausage. Breakfast with robust flavor in one serving.
Top Review by Grandma Deb
This is seriously delicious. I mixed it up the night before and baked it in the morning before work. Made the sauce the night before and refrigerated overnight and heated in microwave. Such an unusual combination but it kind of reminded me of the pancake on a stick that my kids used to get at the convenience store (sausage wrapped in a pancake, kind of like a corn dog. Making it again this week and will try to get a pic this time!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour,baking powder and baking soda.
- Add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sausage and blueberries.
- Pour into greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- (At this point, you can cover and chill overnite then in morning bake as directed) Bake 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or til cake tests done.
- For Sauce: combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add water and blueberries.
- Cook and stir til thick and bubbly.
- Spoon over individual servings.
- (Leftovers- spread sauce over cake, cover and refrigerate).