Recipe by COOKGIRl
Blackberries can be used in place of blueberries. Try this sauce on pound cake, crepes, ice cream, waffles, etc. From Inn on the Twenty cookbook.
Top Review by Chef Kate
I want to give this more stars!!!! My favorite sort of recipe--very simple and totally capitlizing on getting the most out of the combination of a few fresh things. I lucked into lots of fresh lavender and this is a wonderful use for it. The sauce is sweet but not too sweet, perfumed but not 'perfumey' and the touch of lemon makes it come together perfectly. I have some fresh blackberries and may just have to make this sauce again...Many thanks, CG!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or blackberries) or 2 cups frozen blueberries (or blackberries)
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 2 -3 sprigs lavender
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar, lavender and lemon juice to a simmer.
- Simmer ingredients 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Remove lavender stems and puree sauce using a handheld immersion blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries and bring back to a simmer.
- Sauce can be served warm, chilled or at room temperature.