Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Blackberries can be used in place of blueberries. Try this sauce on pound cake, crepes, ice cream, waffles, etc. From Inn on the Twenty cookbook.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or blackberries) or 2 cups frozen blueberries (or blackberries)
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 2 -3 sprigs lavender
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar, lavender and lemon juice to a simmer.
- Simmer ingredients 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Remove lavender stems and puree sauce using a handheld immersion blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries and bring back to a simmer.
- Sauce can be served warm, chilled or at room temperature.
I want to give this more stars!!!! My favorite sort of recipe--very simple and totally capitlizing on getting the most out of the combination of a few fresh things. I lucked into lots of fresh lavender and this is a wonderful use for it. The sauce is sweet but not too sweet, perfumed but not 'perfumey' and the touch of lemon makes it come together perfectly. I have some fresh blackberries and may just have to make this sauce again...Many thanks, CG!