Recipe by Sydney Mike
There are a number of sauce recipes here on Zaar similar to this one, but not altogether the same, & I love the simplicity & over-all blueberry taste of this one! We enjoy it over ice cream, pound cake, cottage cheese, cereal topped with homemade applesauce, you name it!
- 2 lbs blueberries (fresh or frozen, about 5 cups)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice (yes, again)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a heavy medium saucepan & over medium-high heat, stir to combine the blueberries, 1 cup of apple juice & the sugar, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium or medium-low & continue cooking for about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/4 cup of apple juice & when the berries have boiled for the 12 minutes, add this mixture and the lemon juice to the blueberry mixture.
- Stirring constantly, bring the blueberry mixture back to a boil over medium heat & cook just for another minute or two, so the sauce thickens.
- Cool & eat enjoy it warm or refrigerate it for later consumption!