Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are a number of sauce recipes here on Zaar similar to this one, but not altogether the same, & I love the simplicity & over-all blueberry taste of this one! We enjoy it over ice cream, pound cake, cottage cheese, cereal topped with homemade applesauce, you name it!
- Using a heavy medium saucepan & over medium-high heat, stir to combine the blueberries, 1 cup of apple juice & the sugar, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium or medium-low & continue cooking for about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/4 cup of apple juice & when the berries have boiled for the 12 minutes, add this mixture and the lemon juice to the blueberry mixture.
- Stirring constantly, bring the blueberry mixture back to a boil over medium heat & cook just for another minute or two, so the sauce thickens.
- Cool & eat enjoy it warm or refrigerate it for later consumption!
Really great sauce with lots of blueberry flavor. I made 1/2 cup using half the sugar called for and served over pancakes for breakfast. Yum!
This was nice and tasty and it saved another recipe. I cut it down to a half cup serving, which was all I needed - it's easy enough to make I would make it fresh each time. As written it's a little bit sweet, so I would adjust the sugar depending on what I planned to serve it with. I had made an apple pancake that had no sugar and was rather bland so this perked it right up along with some whipped cream. Thanks Sydney Mike for sharing. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag
Very yummy sauce. I used frozen blueberries. And I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. Thanks Sydney Mike :) Made for Make my recipe tag game