Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not made this yet. Posting here for safekeeping as I lost the recipe once. Servings and times are a "guestimate". The only thing I remember about this recipe is that I gave it to a friend a few years ago who wanted to make an anniversary dinner for herself and her husband and they both raved about it. I'm not sure whether or not it was more from the flavor or the fact that she'd successfully cooked a meal that they both enjoyed. ***insert blowing raspberries smilie here in case she ever sees this***. LOL I don't see it on Zaar so I'm going to go ahead and make it public.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup port wine
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 1⁄2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- In a large saucepan over medium heat saute minced garlic and chili flakes lightly in olive oil.
- Add beef broth, port wine and balsamic vinegar. Turn heat to high and cook until liquid is reduced by about half, stirring ocassionally.
- Add 3 cups of blueberries, the cinnamon and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat approximately 20 minutes or until the blueberries break apart and the sauce thickens, stirring often.
- Add the rosemary sprig and let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the other 1 1/2 cups blueberries and stir until berries are warmed throughout. Remove rosemary sprig.
- Spoon sauce over individual beef filets or slices of beef tenderloin and serve.