Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This delicious sauce can be used in so many different ways-- to top ice cream or cheesecake, layered with whipped cream and sliced pound cake, or warmed and served over pancakes.
- 1 lb fresh blueberries or 1 lb frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until cornstarch dissolves.
- Boil until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Delicious! I did make one fairly large change though because rather than make as a sweet sauce I halved the sugar and served with shredded turkey and it made a great combination.
I substituted lime juice/zest for the lemon. Delicious. I served it over blueberry cake instead of a glaze
Great sauce. Made to serve with Recipe #41728.