Recipe by CountryLady
According to Tufts University in Massachusetts, blueberries have the most antioxidant power of 40 fruits & veggies they compared - its good to know that something that tastes so good is also good for you! This recipe, from Bonnie Stern, is mates well with pancakes, waffles, ice cream or angel food cake.
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup grape juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan& bring to a boil; reduce heat& simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes until blueberries become tender.
- Combine cornstarch& water in a small bowl until smooth; add to blueberry mixture& cook, stirring until thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.