Terrific easy sauce for ice cream, cheesecake, frozen yogurt, or ?I found this in Chatelaine magazine.
- In a small pan over medium high heat, combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir often until berries soften and release some juice, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch with water to form a paste.
- Add to saucepan.
- Stir constantly until thickened, at least 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Serve sauce warm or cold.
Simple to prepare and delicious....nice and rich. Mine thickened in less than 1 min. The butter is the key....YUM!
Easy & excellent. Made an almond pound cake, put this on top with a little whipped cream - big hit.
Great! Served with sourdough waffles for a yummy breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe!