Recipe by eileenh01
Yummy sauce to serve with pancakes, waffles, french toast, ice cream etc. I have been making this quick and easy recipe for nearly 20 years. My kids love it. I use fresh blueberries when they are in season and on sale, but frozen work just fine too. If you want it less sweet, reduce the sugar to 1/3 cup. Smells heavenly as it cooks. Enjoy warm or cold.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and lemon juice.
- In medium saucepan, add blueberries and water/lemon mixutre.
- Add sugar and cornstarch. Stir.
- Cook over medium to high heat to bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Be careful not to simmer to briskley or the berries will pop all over your stove.
- You can substitue an equal amount of fresh blueberries.