Recipe by Sam #3
Very yummy over plain cakes. Could use on ice cream and many other things too! Taken from Creative Cook's Kitchen
Top Review by catshawn70
This sauce is sooo good! I baked a cheesecake also yesterday and the two complimented each other very nicely! This was a very simple recipe to follow and just to add if you don't mind, strawberries or some other kinds of fruit would work well with this recipe as well. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh (frozen ok, but thaw them first)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, heat blueberried, sugar, 1/3 cup of water, and lemon juice over med-high heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook until some berries burst, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining water and cornstarch, stir until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the blueberries, a little at a time.
- Return mixture to a boil over med-high heat, reduce heat to med and cook the mixture until thickened and no longer cloudy, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.