- 2 1⁄4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (can use less sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries, 1/4 cup water, orange juice and sugar; bring to a boil stirring gently.
- In a small cup or bowl mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water until combined; add to the simmering mixture; gently stir (careful not to mash the blueberries).
- Simmer on low heat until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract and cinnamon.
- Thin the sauce with a bit of water if it is too thick for your liking.