Recipe by Calee
A great topping for pancakes. Not to sweet
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! I scaled down this recipe to make 2 cups and it was the perfect amount for us. We loved the fresh blueberry flavor of this sauce without it being too sweet. I served this sauce with Calee's recipe #177604 and they were perfect together. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I will be making this often. *Made for PAC Spring '08*
- 8 cups blueberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine blueberries, apple juice and lemon rind. Cook over medium heat stirring and mashing berries. Leave some whole.
- Boil 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice.
- Return to boil and boil another 15 minutes.
- Makes 8 cups.
- Store in refrigerator or process them in canning jars for use later.