Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember where this came from, but it is really good, especially on a hot summer's day
- 1 large orange
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 medium green apples or 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (5 ounce) bags mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- Peel& section orange, then cut sections into small pieces, place in a large bowl.
- Stir in blueberries, apples, onion,cilantro.
- In a small bowl whisk vinegar, apple juice, oil, sugar, salt.
- Pour dressing over blueberry mixture, stir gently to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce on salad plates (6).
- Spoon blueberry mixture over greens, top each with cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper if desired.
- Evenly spoon dressing over salads.
This came from a magazine ad for Regina Red Wine Vinegar, and my page, torn from the magazine, has almost disintegrated ! So happy to find it already here. Blueberries are SO good for you - as antioxidants, and healthy eyes. (My eye doc tells me that was a myth told by WWII pilots, so the "enemy" didn't know they had night vision equipment !!) I only know that my glaucoma pressures have stayed down since I added them to my diet !