Recipe by spatchcock
Great summer dessert.
Top Review by mianbao
This is a nice, not too sweet coffee bread, which we enjoyed very much. I made half of the recipe using a 6 cup tube pan. It may have been that the blueberries I used were simply too large (they were huge for blueberries!), but the cake broke more than I would like. I'll try it again if I can find smaller blueberries and re-do this review. Thank you for the recipe.
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast (2 packages)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- powdered sugar (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dough: In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 2/3 cup sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat butter, milk and water until very warm (120 to 130 degrees F.); stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in eggs and remaining flour to make soft batter.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- To make filling: In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon; stir in blueberries.
- With spoon, stir batter down and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Spoon half the batter into greased 12-cup fluted tube pan; top with blueberry mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly into pan.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 325 degrees F.
- for 50 to 55 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.