Recipe by Chef 920429
This recipe was brought by a friend to a cookout we hosted over 20 years ago.I ask for the recipe and she hastly wrote it down.I make it several times before I could get it to work,now I make it often and any time of the year.I use the recipe has a dessert.I never have any left when I make it for a cookout or potluck.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 can blueberries, drained (see note at end of recipe, save juice)
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained (save juice)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Dream Whip topping mix, combined with
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, and
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan heat 2 cups water to boiling,add pkg of jello.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add 1 cup cold water and 1 cup saved pineapple juice,mixing well.
- Add blueberries and pineapple,stirring to mix throughly.
- Pour into a 9 by 7 inch pan (I use glass).
- Refrigerate until set.
- About 4 hours.
- After the jello mixture is competely set,mix whipped topping,blueberry juice,and vanilla extract in a large bowl using a electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Beat on high speed 4 minutes.
- Spread topping on set jello.
- *note* If you use fresh berries: Cook in boilig water till tender.
- Add 1/2-1 cup sugar to 4 cups berries,cook a few minutes longer.