Prep 25 mins
Cook 36 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) package pork tenderloin
- French bread, slices toasted
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- To make the salsa: coarsely chop 2 cups blueberries.
- Stir together chopped blueberries, remaining 1 cup blueberries and the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To make the tenderloin: Process the first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large zip-lock heavy-duty plastic bag; add in pork.
- Seal and chill at least 4 hours.
- Remove pork from the marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid,o ver medium heat (300-350°) 11-13 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reads 155°.
- Remove from grill; loosely cover pork with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°.
- Cut pork into slices and serve over toasted bread.
- Top with Blueberry Salsa.
It was less tasty than I thought it would be, but ok. I'll try it again, though, and see if it was just a one time thing.
This recipe sounded so good I had to try it and because i love blueberries.The meat was different but tasty, I was skepical about the salsa. I was suprised about the taste. It was very good on the french bread. I enjoy the meal. chef#220151