Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really good. We had it as a side dish with fish, but I think it would be better as a dessert. Also, we substituted Splenda for the sugar because we have someone with diabetes in the house, but feel free to put the sugar back in its place when you make this. It's from the Squishyness blog at http://squishyness14.blogspot.com. The original recipe said it serves 4, but those are some seriously HUGE portions. I think it serves 8.
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 250 g blueberries
- 6 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone
- Warm milk in a seperate saucepan and but not boiling.
- Add butter to the frypan and allow to melt and bubble on a medium heat.
- Pour in your rice and cook for a minute or so in the butter (I cooked it for longer -- until it was a little bit brown).
- Add half your blueberries to the pan.
- Add warm milk one ladle at a time -- only adding a new ladle when the previous one has been absorbed.
- Add sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt about half way through the process.
- Continue adding the milk until all six cups are absorbed. The rice should be aldente at this stage.
- Stir in the remainder of the Blueberries.
- Add a big dollop of Mascarpone to each serving.
- Serves 8.