Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this out of a magazine years ago. It is light and mouth watering. Enjoy!
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- In small bowl, combine flour 3/4 sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, shortening 1 egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into greased 9x9x2" baking pan; spread evenly.
- Spread blueberries over batter.
- In medium bowl lightly beat 2 eggs with fork and add ricotta cheese, 1/3 c sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla, beat until combined.
- Spoon ricotta mixture over blueberries and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes, cool. 8. Cut into 16 squares.
- Note: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries, if you use frozen, partially thaw before using.
Delicious blueberry treat! DH loves it, and he is not easy to please where his blueberries are concerned. Used frozen berries which we did thaw. I used a 7 x 11 inch dish, and it was fine---cooked in the same time. The berries surprised me and ended up on the bottom. Thanks for posting.