Recipe by ChefRaylene
Got this out of a magazine years ago. It is light and mouth watering. Enjoy!
Top Review by Deb G
Delicious blueberry treat! DH loves it, and he is not easy to please where his blueberries are concerned. Used frozen berries which we did thaw. I used a 7 x 11 inch dish, and it was fine---cooked in the same time. The berries surprised me and ended up on the bottom. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine flour 3/4 sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, shortening 1 egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into greased 9x9x2" baking pan; spread evenly.
- Spread blueberries over batter.
- In medium bowl lightly beat 2 eggs with fork and add ricotta cheese, 1/3 c sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla, beat until combined.
- Spoon ricotta mixture over blueberries and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes, cool. 8. Cut into 16 squares.
- Note: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries, if you use frozen, partially thaw before using.