Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fantastic pancake recipe, the kids loved it. You can substitute the blueberries with just about any other fruit of choice. I also used berry flavored syrup.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 egg whites
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In another mixing bowl beat together ricotta cheese, egg yolks, and sugar until well combined. Add to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Fold in blueberries.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold the beaten egg whites into batter, leaving a few puffs of egg white. Do not overbeat.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook the second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 to 2 minutes per side). Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered ovenproof dish in a 300°F oven. If desired, serve with Blueberry Syrup.