Recipe by The Great Googilymoogily
I am a big fan of ricotta pancakes. They tend to be much lighter and creamier then the regular varieties. My dw is an absolute blueberry fanatic so when I make this for her I use ALOT of frozen blueberries but I think its pretty much to taste.
Top Review by Mrs. Stimpfle
I love these pancakes!!!!! I look forward to mastering the cooking of them but the ones that turned out were magnificent. (My inability to cook them to perfection had nothing to do with the recipe, and everything to do with heating my pan too hot) I did get better results at Medium/Low, however my flat top range is difficult to control and typically cooks hot. Thanks for the Fabulous Recipe!!! Looking forward to making it many more times!
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate eggs and whip the whites, set whites aside.
- Mix baking powder, salt, ricotta, milk, vanilla and flour together thouroughly.
- Gently fold in whites.
- Add frozen blueberries
- Put 1/4 cup or so on medium hot greased griddle.
- Flatten somewhat with spoon.
- Cook til lightly golden brown and turn once.
- Serve with real maple syrup.